Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Time For Sewing

I will now be incorporating sewing into my daughter's weekly schedule. I've taught her basic embroidery skills and a two of her friends from church taught her how to knit. I'd love for her to become a good seamstress, well enough to make herself clothes and gifts for others. I myself am a beginner sewer. I've always desired to sew and four years ago took several sewing classes with a wonderful lady. She taught me how to follow a pattern and gave me many tips. Since then I've made several dresses and costumes for my daughter. When I actually get the time to sew, I enjoy every minute of it. It is very relaxing to me and I get such a satisfaction seeing the completed work of my hands.

Now that I'm writing about this I'm starting to get excited about starting a new project. Maybe a skirt for my daughter. I have lots of fabric in my fabric box. We'll see...

For now, I will help my daughter start some simple projects. I'll post pictures of the projects she finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment