Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

All the cooks in the kitchen right before the meal was served.
(I'm right in the middle, my head anyway!)

Food, there was lots and lots of delicious food. Yummy!

We even had Tabouli, hummus and pita chips! I also had pickled okra for the first time. I loved it! Pickled okra a southern treat you won't find on the west coast!

Gathered together to sing, pray and give thanks.

My own dear family.

Singing together.
I had the intention of taking many pictures, but I was so busy feasting that I forgot all about taking pictures!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. This Thanksgiving we found ourselves far from our immediate family. We were blessed, however, to spend the holiday with friends from church. We were the guests of the Orr family who opened up their home to us, several other families and several single young men. All of the families present were also far from their immediate families.

We had a wonderful time together, feasting and in fellowship. After eating together, we gathered in the living room and sang hymns, gave thanks and prayed. Some of our friends who recently moved to the area family sang a worship song in Spanish and then my husband and I followed with a Spanish worship song of our own. During the time of Thanksgiving my husband also announced our glad tidings of a new baby on the way. We were congratulated and prayed over for a healthy pregnancy and for the Lord to allow us to hold this baby in our arms.

Thank you, Orr family, for your gracious hospitality.

Please take time to read the following article, "Thy Children's Children" regarding the Pilgrim's Vision and what our own vision should be.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment