Thursday, January 28, 2010

This Is My Beloved And This Is My Friend

I thank the Lord for my husband, who is my very best friend, my confidant, my shoulder to lean on and the first person I would choose to spend any day with. I have been so blessed by my husband these past two months in which he has been an especially loving servant to our family. I was very sick with my last pregnancy (my baby is now with the Lord after 11 weeks in Mamma's womb) and my dear husband arranged his schedule to work earlier so that he could come home earlier to help the children clean house, do laundry, supervise chores and help my daughter make dinner. He then spent time with the children, bought groceries, held family worship, and attended to whatever else needed to be taken care of (the list was long). At one point he became terribly sick with a flu, and stayed awake most of the night attending to our sick toddler two nights in a row because I just couldn't. The following mornings he got up and went to work, came back home and continued to serve us even though he had not recuperated from his flu in the least bit. I never heard him once complain and when I felt discouraged about my own situation he would pray for me, encourage me to rest and tell me to leave all the worrying to him. I couldn't have gone through this difficult time without the support of the husband the Lord has blessed me with. Thank you Lord for my patient and caring husband. I love you, Pappa!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Merisa,

    My daughters have told me that you recently miscarried (they read your daughter's blog). I am so sorry to hear that but wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you that you will be strong and trust in the Lord at this time. I also have lost a child and know the pain that you are experiencing.

    I think I recognize someone in the photos of your church family---are you in Indiana?
    Do you know the Glicks?

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. June,

    Thank you for your kind words and for your prayers. I truly appreciate them, especially coming from a sister in the Lord who also has a precious child sitting at the feet of Jesus.

    Yes, my family and I know R. Glick. He previously served as an intern of the NCFIC and is now a member of our church here in NC. He is a godly young man and we're happy to know him. He did mention that he knew you and your family when my husband once mentioned that your blog has served as a blessing and inspiration to me. :)

    Blessings,
    Merisa

    ReplyDelete