Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nourishing Choices - Part 2

In Part 1 of my mini series, Nourishing Choices, I wrote about sweeteners and the new choices I've made in that area. For part 2 of this series I think it is fitting to now write about salt, just because salty is the opposite of sweet :).

Our new choice for salt in our home is Celtic Sea Salt. After reading about the many benefits that Celtic Sea Salt offers I made the big purchase. And yes, it is a big purchase, as compared to what I usually purchased before, Morton Salt (26 oz.), which costs around $0.80. Celtic Sea salt (8 oz.) at Whole Foods costs around $10.00. Despite the huge difference in price, I am very happy with our new choice as the salt is nutritious as well as delicious and really brings out the flavor in the foods to which it is added.

There are many brands of Celtic Sea Salt available including certified organic brands. I buy the brand pictured above and I'm satisfied with it.

Here are some of the benefits of Celtic Sea salt as listed upon healthfree.com:
  • Celtic Sea Salts are a prime condiment that stimulates salivation, helps to balance and replenishes all of the body's electrolytes.
  • It provides renewed energy
  • It gives you a high resistance to infections and bacterial diseases
  • It supplies all 82 vital trace minerals to promote optimum biological function and cellular maintenance.
  • It balances alkaline/acid levels
  • It restores good digestion
  • The natural iodine in these salts protects against radiation, atomic fallout and many other pollutants.
  • It can aid in relieving allergies and skin diseases
  • And overall greatly reduces toxins and to help prevent ill-health
  • Properly stored, salt keeps virtually indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment